How to Become a FOCCUS© Trainer (of Facilitators)
Trainers are experienced FOCCUS©
Facilitators who become certified to teach others to be FOCCUS©
Facilitators and to use the FOCCUS© Pre-Marriage Inventory with couples. If you are a seasoned FOCCUS©
Facilitator who has helped at least 10 couples with their marriage preparation, we invite you to attend a FOCCUS©
Trainer Workshop. Want to teach and certify other FOCCUS© Facilitators?
Become a FOCCUS©
Trainer! To become a FOCCUS©
- Participate in a one-day FOCCUS© Trainer Training Workshop. Find a Workshop » presented by a Certified FOCCUS© National Trainer
- Have facilitated at least 10 couples using the FOCCUS© Pre-Marriage Inventory * (or demonstrate commensurate experience)
- Provide letters of recommendation from two couples
- Complete an application form
- Submit a $40 application fee to cover cost of materials
- Participate in an individual discussion with a FOCCUS© Certified National Trainer
* If you have not met this requirement, we will consider applicants with relevant advanced training and experience.
Items Included with FOCCUS© Trainer Training Workshop
The FOCCUS Trainer Training Workshop include...
- A PowerPoint presentation
- Trainer handouts
- Discussion of a DVD presentation demonstrating facilitation techniques
- Participation in simulated facilitation
- Introduction to training materials to be included in any FOCCUS© Facilitator training workshops they provide as a FOCCUS© Trainer
- How to create a training event and register attendees online
Training also includes information about the REFOCCUS© Marriage Enrichment Inventory
, a set of six self-administered marriage enrichment questionnaires suitable for couples who have been married for more than two years. The REFOCCUS© Marriage Enrichment Inventory is a pencil-paper inventory that does not require administration by a trained FOCCUS©
Facilitator and can be taken independently by couples at home. REFOCCUS©
also can be used by a marriage leader in individual or group work with couples.